General liability insurance
General liability insurance is aimed at any type of self-employed person or company in Spain that may cause damage to a third party in the course of its activity.
The scope of application of general liability insurance is very broad.
Among the most important are the following lines of business:
- Associations and organisations
- Food industry
- Workshops, petrol stations, garages
- Trade and commerce
- Real estate
- Sports facilities
- Transport and storage
- Entertainment and leisure
- Cleaning services
- Business services
- Livestock, agriculture
Tailored to your needs
What cover is possible with public liability insurance?
- Activity Liability
- Liability for accidents at work
- Water and/or Explosion Damage
- Tenant’s liability
- Property liability Claims for damages
- Claims for damages
- Liability fo work outside the premises
- Subsidiary civil liability
- Accidental pollution liability
- Product liability
- Damage to records/documents
- Legal protection
- Liability for employees’ property
What is liability insurance?
General civil liability is enshrined in the Civil Code: “Whoever, by act or omission, causes damage to another through fault or negligence, is obliged to compensate for the damage caused. Not only for his own acts or omissions, but also for those of the persons for whom he is responsible…”.
In view of the uncertainty as to the amount of this compensation, civil liability insurance is taken out, the purpose of which is to protect the insured’s assets against claims for damages.
Liability covers several areas:
- civil liability for activities or work carried out by companies or self-employed persons.
- civil liability arising from accidents at work
- liability arising out of the manufacture and distribution of products.
Different types of liability insurance have been developed, adapted to the specific characteristics of different business sectors.
Bohemia Mallorca successfully cooperates with all renowned insurance companies in Spain. This way, our customers benefit twice.