Bicycle insurance in Spain
The bicycle is a means of transport that is not only comfortable and easy to move around in different environments, but also helps to improve our physical and emotional health and promotes the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
It is important to have an insurance policy that protects both the cyclist and his bike so that we can enjoy the ride without worrying about accident situations such as hitting a pedestrian.
Bohemia offers you bicycle insurance in Mallorca (Spain) that combines personal protection, bicycle damage and liability insurance so that you and your loved ones can continue to enjoy maximum safety while riding in the countryside and in the city.
Tailored to your needs
These coverages are possible with bicycle insurance on Majorca and in Spain:
- Civil liability
- Bicycle insurance protects the cyclist against possible damage caused to third parties. It is responsible for the amount by which the person injured by the negligent maltreatment would have to be compensated.
- The insurer assumes liability for possible damage caused to third parties.
- Example: Accidentally running over a pedestrian.
- Travel assistance
- With this insurance cover for motorised and non-motorised bicycles, the cyclist is guaranteed assistance worldwide in the event of an accident with his bicycle, depending on the contractually agreed guarantee. This cover may include, for example, medical expenses abroad in the event of an accident, repatriation, ambulance transport of persons injured in an accident or early return travel due to the death of relatives of the insured.
- Legal defence
- In the case of bicycle accidents, it is a common situation for cyclists that third parties who have suffered damage subsequently make claims on them.
- With legal expenses cover, the insured person is advised on these proceedings.
- Damage and theft in Spain
- Theft of the bicycle in your home or outdoors when it is attached to the frame by an approved chain or padlock to a fixed object.
- Damage to the bicycle frame as a result of an accident.
- Medical expenses
- Plastic and restorative surgery as a result of bicycle accidents where parts of the body surface are damaged or deformed.
- Personal accidents
- Death, permanent disability, medical, pharmaceutical and hospital expenses resulting from an accident.
- Personal assistance
- As long as the consequences of the accident persist.
Insured in case of theft of the bicycle at home, in the vehicle, in the bicycle stand, on the street or in the storage room as well as damage due to attempted theft.
Limit of up to € 12,000. Franchise of 10 %.
Important: If your bicycle is in places accessible to the public, an approved lock must be used.
This bicycle insurance cover in Mallorca and Spain only applies to vehicles purchased less than 3 years ago.
Are you looking for another insurance? At Bohemia Mallorca you will also find these insurances, among others: Car Insurance, Private Health Insurance, Building & Contents Insurance, Cyber Insurance and Travel Insurance.
Civil liability (third parties)
for damage to property or personal injury caused to a third party as a result of an accident. Up to € 500,000.
costs of legal defence against claims by injured third parties in the event of a bicycle, scooter or passenger vehicle accident caused by recklessness, inexperience or negligence.
unlimited expenses if you take legal advice. Up to €2,500 if you pay yourself.
For people over the age of 15, you are covered by bicycle insurance in any case. For children under 15, only in areas closed to traffic such as squares or parks and under the supervision and responsibility of an adult.
Covers the cost of repairing or replacing damaged components in the event of an accident.
Some examples of covered accidents are: Falling on a mountain bike, slipping on the road or colliding with a pedestrian, etc.
Guaranteed cover is provided regardless of whether the bike was in circulation, parked or being transported.
Limit of up to € 12,000. Excess of 10% of the damage costs.
Free choice of workshop for repairs.
Vehicle damage cover only applies to vehicles purchased less than 3 years ago.
You are insured throughout Europe in the event of an accident involving bicycles, scooters or other personal mobility vehicles.
It covers you in the event of death, permanent disability, health expenses, repatriation and funeral.
Expenses for medical, surgical, hospital and pharmaceutical care. Up to € 7,500.
in case of accidental death. Up to €50,000.
Up to €50,000.
death abroad. Up to € 4,500.
in case of accidental death. Up to € 3,000.
For people over the age of 15, you are in any case covered by bicycle insurance on Majorca and in Spain. For children under 15, only in areas closed to traffic such as squares or parks and under the supervision and responsibility of an adult.